India is a huge country with 29 states 7 union territories.India defies all intellectual beliefs how a country shouldn’t have several ethnicities.
We all know that our National Anthem ‘The great Jana Gana Mana’ was composed by legendary Rabindra Nath Tagore.
But, it is known to very fewer people that, a few states have official anthems/songs in India.
1. Odisha: Bande Utkala Janani :
Bande Utkala Janani is an Odia patriotic poem written by Kanta Kabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra.When Odisha became independent on 1 April 1936, this poem was made the state anthem of Odisha.
2. Karnataka: Jaya Bharata Jananiya Tanujate.Jaya Bharata Jananiya Tanujate is a Kannada poem, which was composed by the Indian Kannadiga poet Kuvempu. The poem was officially declared the state anthem of the Indian state of Karnataka on January 6, 2004.
3. Andhra Pradesh: Maa Telugu Talliki.Maa Telugu Talliki is the official song of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was written by Sri Sankarambadi Sundaraachari and sung by Tanguturi Suryakumari for the Telugu film Deena Bandhu.
4. Tamil Nadu: Tamiḻ Tāy Vālttu.
Tamiḻ Tāy Vālttu is the State song of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The song was written by Manonmaniam Sundaram Pillai and its music was composed by M.S.Viswanathan.
5. Telangana: Jaya Jaya Hey Telangana Janani Jayakethanam :
Jaya Jaya Hey Telangana Janani Jayakethanam is the official state song of the newly formed Indian state of Telangana. It is composed by Ande Sri.
6. Assam: O Mur Apunar Desh :
O Mur Apunar Dex is the state song or state anthem of Assam, India. It was written by Lakshminath Bezbarua and attuned by Kamala Prasad Agarwala.
7. Gujarat: Jai Jai Garavi Gujarat :
Jai Jai Garvi Gujarat is a Gujarati song composed by A. R. Rahman. Prasoon Joshi has written the Hindi lyrics of the song. The title line is taken from a song Jai Jai Garavi Gujarat penned by Gujarati poet Narmad.