Lesser known facts about Tulsi plant in Indian Culture: Tulsi Ji is commonly found in two varieties i.e the green-colored Lakshmi tulsi and the purple hued Krishna tulsi.
Due to its immense benefits, Tulsi has the utmost importance in all Hindu festivals.
Here are some of the importance of the holy Tulsi plants everyone must know irrespective of caste, creed, and religion –
1. Tulsi plant gives out oxygen for 20 hours.
2. Tulsi leaves help in strengthening the immune system
3. Tulsi leaves are rich in vitamins A, C, and K and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and potassium.
4. Tulsi leaves have anti-bacterial properties
5. Camphene, cineole, and eugenol present in Tulsi help to reduce cold and congestion in the chest.
In Hindu homes, Tulsi is prayed as Goddess, and rightly so. When one plant has multiple health benefits it should be valued. Tulsi can be found in all Hindu homes and us considered as an avatar of Laxmi Maa. While worshipping nature especially trees is not uncommon in Hinduism, the Tulsi plant is regarded as the holiest of all plants.