Hey Guys. Wish you a great day ahead. This is our first blog on education and we will be dedicated in this niche is coming days. We will be focusing on various platforms and syllabus. Like our Facebook page and follow us on twitter for daily posts for your competitive examinations. Check out this top 50 weekly current affairs September first week 2019.
Do Post your views and let us know if you need any topic to be discussed in this platform.
1. Rajasthan Govt. launches AB-MGRSBY health insurance scheme.
The Rajasthan government has launched a new health insurance scheme — Ayushman Bharat-Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojna (AB-MGRSBY).
The scheme will be implemented after merging the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PMJAY) and the state’s Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojna (BSBY).
2. Delhi CM launches dengue, chikungunya prevention campaign: “10 hafte, 10 baje, 10 minute”
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has kickstarted his government’s 10-week mass awareness campaign against dengue and chikungunya.
Under the “10 hafte, 10 baje 10 minute campaign” (10 weeks-10o’clock-10 minutes), the chief minister appealed to the people of Delhi to give 10 minutes every Sunday at 10 a.m. to check all sources of stagnant water at their homes as the dengue mosquitoes breed only in clean water and the campaign will continue every Sunday till November 15.
3. President has appointed new Governors for five states.
President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed new Governors for five states i.e Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, and Telangana.
– Former Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya will be the Governor of Himachal Pradesh in place of Kalraj Mishra.
– Kalraj Mishra has been given the charge of Rajasthan, replacing incumbent Governor Kalyan Singh.
– Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari has been named the Governor of Maharashtra replacing C. Vidyasagar Rao.
– Former Union Minister, Arif Mohammed Khan was appointed Governor of Kerala replacing P. Sathasivam.
– Tamil Nadu BJP president Tamilisai Soundararajan will be the new Governor of Telangana replacing E.S.L Narshiman.
4. September month to be celebrated as ‘Rashtriya Poshan Maah’
The entire month of September 2019 will be celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah and the theme of this year is ” Complementary Feeding “.
Prime Minister’s Overreaching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment- POSHAN Abhiyaan is a multi- ministerial convergence mission with the vision to address malnutrition with a targeted approach by 2022.
5. Indonesia to move the capital to East Kalimantan from Jakarta
Indonesian President Joko Widodo announced that the country’s capital will move from overcrowded, sinking and polluted Jakarta to a site in sparsely populated East Kalimantan province on Borneo island.
6. Safe Cities Index (SCI) 2019 released and Mumbai at 45th spot and Delhi at 52nd.
Mumbai has been ranked as the 45th safest city on the Safe Cities Index (SCI) 2019, while Delhi stood at the 52nd position. Tokyo taking the top spot, While Singapore and Osaka came 2nd and 3rd in the list.
The Safe Cities Index (SCI) 2019 ranks 60 countries worldwide across five continents
7. Lt. Manoj Mukund Naravane took charge of VC of the Army Staff.
Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane took charge of Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
Naravane, who was earlier heading the Eastern Command of the Indian Army, succeeds Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu superannuated on August 31.
8. India’s first garbage cafe to be opened in Ambikapur, Chhattisgarh
The Ambikapur municipal corporation of Chhattisgarh will open a first-of-its-kind ‘Garbage Cafe‘.
The collected garbage will be sold at Solid-Liquid Resources Management Centre. The collected plastic waste would further be turned into granules and will then be used in the construction of roads in the city. Ambikapur is Chhattisgarh’s first dustbin-free city.
9. US actress and four-time Emmy award winner Valerie Harper passes away
Actress Valerie Harper, the star of “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and spin-off series “Rhoda”, has passed away after a long battle with cancer at the age of 80.
10. Higher penalties for violating traffic rules come into force
The amended provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act, which hike the penalty for traffic rules violation have come into force from 01st September 2019. As many as 63 clauses of the Act, which correspond to an increase in the fine for traffic rule violation came into force
ii. The fine for jumping red-light has been revised from 1,000 rupees earlier to 5,000 rupees now. Driving without wearing the seat belt, which earlier invited a fine of 100 rupees will now attract a fine of 1,000 rupees.
11. MeitY and Google partner to ‘Build for Digital India’
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Google have signed a statement of intent to roll-out ‘Build for Digital India,’ a program that will give engineering students a platform to develop market-ready, technology-based solutions that address key social problems.
12. Lasith Malinga surpasses Shahid Afridi to become highest wicket-taker in T20Is
Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga has become the highest wicket-taker in the T20I cricket, surpassing Pakistan’s all-rounder Shahid Afridi.
13. Charles Leclerc wins Belgian Grand Prix 2019
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc won the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps to record the maiden victory of his career. The 21-year-old also became the third-youngest winner in F1 history.
14. Govt accepts SBI MD Anshula Kant’s resignation
The Government of India has accepted the resignation of State bank of India Managing Director Anshula Kant. Now she has been appointed as the managing director and chief financial officer of the World Bank.
15. IPS Vivek Kumar Johri takes charge as BSF DG
IPS officer Vivek Kumar Johri took charge as the Director General (DG) of the country’s largest border guarding force, BSF. He will replace Rajni Kant Mishra.
16. PM Modi inaugurates Garvi Gujarat Bhavan in New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Garvi Gujarat Bhavan in New Delhi. The Bhavan is equipped with traditional and modern artifacts and technologies and will serve as a home for Gujaratis in the national capital.
17. 36th National Games to be held in Goa in October-November 2020
The much-delayed 36th National Games will be staged in Goa from 20 October to 4 November next year, the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) said.
18. Shooting World Cup 2019
India finished at the top of the ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol Championship in Rio De Janeiro with 5 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals.
– Elavenil Valarivan won the women’s 10m Air Rifle event.
– Abhishek Verma won the men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
– Yashaswini Singh Deswal won gold in the women’s 10meter Air Pistol event.
– Apurvi Chandela (World number one in women’s 10m air rifle) and Deepak Kumar won Gold in mixed air rifle event.
– Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary claimed the mixed 10m air pistol gold.
19. VP M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates India’s longest electrified rail tunnel in AP
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the country’s longest electrified rail tunnel between Cherlopalli and Rapuru and the electrified railway line between Venkatachalam and Obulavaripalli.
Mr. Naidu termed the 6.7-km-long tunnel an “engineering marvel” and said it would provide viable rail connectivity between the Krishnapatnam Port and the hinterland for the seamless movement of freight.
20. PM Modi to be honored with Global Goalkeeper Award
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be honored with the prestigious ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for his leadership and commitment to the Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan.
21. ‘Namaste Pacific’ Cultural Event held in New Delhi
The High Commissions of Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, and Fiji jointly organized a cultural event ‘Namaste Pacific’ held in Delhi, India.
This event is organized to showcase the culture of the Pacific countries. There was also showcase of the International Solar Alliance and Pollinate Energy based in Australia, Nepal and India and solar lanterns from Barefoot College in Rajasthan.
22. A new book released on the history of Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
The book, “India’s Lost Frontier the Story of the North-West Frontier Province of Pakistan”, has been penned by veteran civil servant Raghvendra Singh.
23. Vaishno Devi Shrine in JK Shrine tops the list of ‘Swachh Iconic Places’
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir has been adjudged as the Best Swachh Iconic place in the country in the ‘Swachh Iconic Places’ list released by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
24. Cricketer Mithali Raj announces retirement from T20Is
India women’s batter Mithali Raj announced retirement from T20 Internationals cricket stating that she wants to focus on 2021 One Day World Cup preparation. The 36-year-old had led India in 32 T20Is.
25. Army to commission 1st batch of women soldiers in 2021
The Indian Army has announced that the first batch of 100 women soldiers in the Army is likely to be commissioned by March 2021.
The women soldiers will be commissioned into the Corps of Military Police of the Indian Army. In the Corps of Military Police, women soldiers will take up duties of policing cantonments and other Army establishments.
26. India, the US to carry out joint Military Exercise “Yudh Abhyas 2019”
Indo-US defense cooperation, a joint military training, Exercise “Yudh Abhyas 2019”. This exercise is being conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, Washington, the USA from 05-18 September 2019. This will be the 15th edition of the joint exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
27. IIT-Kharagpur, Amazon Web Services join hands to develop AI portal
IIT-Kharagpur announced that it will collaborate with Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com company, to develop a National Artificial Intelligence Resource Portal to promote learning and development in Artificial Intelligence (AI) for all AI learners, practitioners and researchers in India.
28. ICICI Bank deploys ‘Robotic Arms’ for currency sorting at its chests
ICICI Bank has deployed Industrial ‘Robotic Arms’ for note sorting at its currency chests across 12 cities. It has become the first commercial bank in the country to customise and deploy industrial robots to automate and perform repetitive high volume steps in handling cash processing on high-end note sorting machines.
29. KVIC launches ‘Terracotta Grinder’ to reuse wasted pottery
Khadi and Village Industries Commission has launched a ‘Terracotta Grinder’ at Sewapuri in Varanasi. The machine will be able to grind the wasted and broken pottery items for re-using in pottery-making.
30. Delhi’s IGI Airport Gets India’s Tallest ATC Tower
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport gets India’s tallest ATC tower to enhance the safety and boost the efficiency of air transport management services.
The Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the Delhi Air Traffic Service Complex, which is the tallest Air Traffic Control tower in India with a height of 102 metres.
31. Muhammad Yunus conferred ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis’ Award
Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis’ award by the Vatican. He has been awarded for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony.
32. CEC Sunil Arora Takes Over As Chief Of Association Of World Election Bodies
Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora assumed Chairmanship of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) for the term 2019-21. The decision and announcement to this effect was made at the 4th General Assembly of A-WEB being held in Bengaluru, being attended by as many as 120 delegates from 50 countries.
33. US Federal Trade Commission fines YouTube with $170 million
The US’s Federal Trade Commission has fined Google’s YouTube with $170 million. YouTube will have to pay $170 million to settle allegations of collecting personal information about children.
The penalty on YouTube is the largest since a law came into effect in 1998 which banned the collection of information about children aged below 13. The law was revised in 2013 to include “cookies,” which can be used to track a person’s internet viewing habits.
34. Qatar unveils 2022 FIFA World Cup logo
Qatar unveiled the logo for the FIFA 2022 World Cup which will be hosted by the Gulf emirate, displaying it in public spaces in Doha and cities around the world.
The design is a stylized Arabic white unisex shawl with maroon patterning, which is displayed in a figure-of-eight symbolising infinity while creating a heart shape above the words “FIFA WORLD CUP Qatar 2022”.
35. Cricketer Rohit Sharma launches Campaign to save Rhinos in India
India vice-captain Rohit Sharma is launching Rohit4Rhinos campaign, in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet, to help build awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino.
In a campaign launching on Animal Planet to commemorate World Rhino Day on September 22, Rohit pledges to do his bit to save the “vulnerable” species from extinction.
36. Zimbabwe’s former President Robert Mugabe passes away.
Zimbabwe’s former president Robert Mugabe has passed away aged 95 in Singapore.
37. Standard Chartered Bank launches “DigiSmart” credit card.
Standard Chartered Bank, a British multinational banking and financial services company has launched a DigiSmart credit card. The credit card will offer instant discounts and benefits across key e-commerce categories of travel, entertainment, fashion, groceries, and food delivery around the year. The new credit card is available for a nominal monthly fee of only Rs 49. However, this fee will be waived off if the spends of the customer are Rs 5,000 or above in the previous month.
38. Odisha won the IT Excellence Award, 2019 in disaster management
Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) has won the IT Excellence Award, 2019 for its innovative conception by using information technology in the field of disaster management.
The “SATARK” (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) application has been chosen for the award.
39. Manu-Saurabh won the gold medal in ISSF World Cup
Manu Bhaker and Saurabh Chaudhary won the gold medal in mixed 10m air pistol at the ISSF World Cup in Rio de Janeiro.
India finished the ISSF World Cup at the top of the medals tally with 5 gold, 2 silver, and 2 bronze.
40. Asia’s first 5th Generation: VR based simulator center launched at Chennai
Asia’s first 5th Generation – Virtual Reality based Advanced Driver Training Simulator Centre was launched at the Automobile Association of Southern India Centre (AASI), Chennai. In the first 6 months, AASI will train 200 Ambulance drivers free of cost, under ‘Safe Drivers Campaign’.
41. Odisha-based Anupama Swain wins bronze in World Martial Arts Mastership
India’s young prodigy Anupama Swain from Odisha has won a bronze medal in the World Martial Arts Membership Jiu-Jitsu. With this, she has qualified for the 2022 Asian Games.
If you Want to know about Odisha – India’s best-Kept Secret. Click here.
42. Indian army to participate in joint exercise “TSENTR 2019”
Indian army will participate in a multilateral exercise “TSENTR 2019” to be held in Russia. Armies of Pakistan, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Russia will also participate in the exercise.
43. UNESCO ties up with Rajasthan to promote the state’s intangible cultural heritage
UNESCO and Rajasthan government joined hands to promote music, art and craft forms, and other intangible cultural heritage of the state.
It is a partnership agreement to promote community-based responsible tourism based on the rich intangible cultural heritage of Rajasthan. The project will be implemented in Jodhpur, Barmer, Jaisalmer and Bikaner districts.
44. B Bala Bhaskar appointed as next Indian Ambassador to Norway
Senior diplomat B Bala Bhaskar was appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Norway. He will replace Krishan Kumar, who has been heading the Indian mission in Norway since July 2018.
45. HRD Ministry awarded Institute of Eminence status to 5 public institutions
The Human Resource Development Ministry has awarded the Institute of Eminence status to 5 public institutions. The status was awarded to Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, University of Hyderabad, IIT-Madras and IIT-Kharagpur.
The public institutions on the list will be eligible for a government grant of Rs 1,000 crore.
46. “Oscars of science” awarded to Event Horizon Telescope Team
The Event Horizon Telescope Team consisting of 347 scientists who produced the world’s first image of a black hole were felicitated with breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics.
The prize is known as the “Oscars of science”, with prize money $3 million.
47. Gujarat Govt & Delaware State of America sign MoU for sister-state
Gujarat Government and the Delaware State of America signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for sister state. This is the first sister-state MoU signed by Gujarat with any state of America.
48. Pakistan’s master leg-spinner Abdul Qadir passes away
Pakistan’s master leg-spinner Abdul Qadir passed Away. Qadir, who played in 67 Tests and 104 ODIs had a total 368 wickets in his international career.
49. 28th cycle of Indo-Thai CORPAT from Sep 5 to 15
The latest iteration of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the navies of the two countries, which seek to enhance bilateral ties and maritime cooperation, is being hosted from September 5 to 15 in Bangkok, Thailand.
50. Microsoft, CBSE join hands to build AI learning for schools
Microsoft India and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have partnered to conduct capacity building programs for high school teachers with an aim to integrate cloud-powered technology in K12 teaching. Meant for teachers of grades 8-10, the program will be conducted in 10 cities across the country, starting 11 September 2019
If you Want to know about Odisha – India’s best-Kept Secret. Click here.
Also Read: East or West India is the Best